Teriyaki Tofu Meal Prep
Servings: 4 meals
Tofu + Veggies
- 1 – 14 oz. package extra firm tofu
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 gloves garlic minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 ″ nub of ginger minced (or 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Drain tofu of excess liquid and press to remove as much as possible. Chop into cubes, about 1″ in size.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, mix together tamari, maple syrup, olive oil, vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 375º and line 2 baking sheets with foil (or coat lightly with cooking spray).
- On one baking sheet, spread out the broccoli, red pepper, and red onion. Keep the broccoli on one end of the baking sheet – you’ll be removing it from the oven first. On the second baking sheet, add the tofu. Pour 3/4 of the teriyaki sauce over the veggies, and the remaining 1/4 of the sauce over the tofu.
- Place the tofu into the oven. After 10 minutes have passed, place the veggies into the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove the broccoli and set aside. This allows the broccoli to keep a little crunch and not burn! At this point, give the tofu a stir on the pan to even the cooking. Return both pans to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Portion into meal prep containers with the grain of your choice – we like quinoa and rice!
Recipe and Image created by the Fitchen. To view the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.