Week 6 Ingredient: Salmon
Almond Crusted Salmon Cakes
For the Cakes
- 2 cans canned salmon
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS almond meal flour
- 2 TBS almonds (crushed (place almonds in a ziploc bag and use the bottom of a cup or jar to crush until crumbly))
- 2 scallion stalks (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 dijon mustard
- water for thinning
- -Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray or drizzle oil on foil so salmon patties don’t stick.
- -Place crushed almonds on a small dish.
- -In a large mixing bowl, add salmon and break up with a fork. Add egg and mix until combined.
- -Add almond meal, scallion, salt and pepper to salmon and mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- -Shape salmon into patties of desired size — I came out with 6 patties.
- -Press each side of each patty onto the almond dish and coat with almonds. Some may fall off but that’s okay.
- -Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- -Remove from heat and serve. Drizzle with sauce.