Beef & Veggie Taco Skillet
For the Taco Skillet:
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups diced and peeled sweet potatoes*
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp water or chicken broth
For the Jalapeño "Cheese" Sauce
- 3/4 cup raw cashews soaked in water*
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeno diced and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp buffalo hot sauce
- Begin by preparing your taco skillet. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil once hot, then add your vegetables: sweet potatoes, onion, bell pepper.
- Cook the veggies for 5-7 minutes, or until softened. Now add the ground beef, and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain any water or fat once the meat is finished.
- Now add in spices and salt, tomatoes, then vinegar. Coat the veggies and meat completely, adding water if needed. Simmer to let flavors meld for at least another 5 minutes.
- Now make your cashew sauce (optional). Drain the cashews. Add cashews, broth or water, jalapeños, garlic, nutritional yeast, and hot sauce to a high powered blender. Blend until completely smooth, adding additional water if too thick.
- Serve your skillet with extra toppings: salsa, guacamole or avocado, and additional jalapeños. Top with cashew sauce (if using).
*Dice your potatoes into smaller pieces so they cook faster. Mine are about 1/2 inch
**Soak cashews in warm water for at least 30 minutes or overnight
Recipe is from @wholesomelicious. To check out the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.