Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 can (15 oz. chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Hımmalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or semisweet*
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- In a food processer, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips, and process until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed. (Batter will be gooey and sticky.)
- Form the batter into about 1½- 2 inch balls.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or coated with cooking spray, about 2-inch apart.
- Slightly flatten the balls with your finger or the back of a fork/spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven when finished and transfer to baking rack to cool.
*Sub any chocolate chip of choice