Instant Pot Lemon Pepper Salmon
- ¾ cup water
- A few sprigs of parsley dill (tarragon, basil or a combo)
- 1 pound salmon filet skin on
- 3 teaspoons ghee or other healthy fat divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 carrot julienned
- Put water and herbs in the Instant Pot and then put in the steamer rack making sure the handles are extended up.
- Place salmon, skin down on rack.
- Drizzle salmon with ghee/fat, season with salt and pepper, and cover with lemon slices.
- Close the Instant Pot and make sure vent is turned to “Sealing”. Plug it in, press “Steam” and press the + or – buttons to set it to 3 minutes.
- While salmon cooks, julienne your veggies.
- When the Instant Pot beeps that it’s done, quick release the pressure, being careful to stay out of the way of the steam that will shoot up. Press the “Warm/Cancel” button. Remove lid, and using hot pads, carefully remove rack with salmon and set on a plate.
- Remove herbs and discard. Add veggies and put the lid back on. Press “Sauté” and let the veggies cook for just 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve veggies with salmon and add remaining teaspoon of fat to the pot and pour a little of the sauce over them if desired.
The cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of your salmon. 3 minutes is perfect for a filet that’s about 1 inch at its thickest part. Ask your seafood person for a center cut piece, or heat end. The tail end is much thinner. If you don’t want to julienne the veggies, you cut them up bite sized and cook them longer, or steam them in a separate pot while the salmon cooks