Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil*
- 1 package lean ground turkey**
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 28 oz Whole30 compliant crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 medium avocado (halved, pitted, peeled, and diced)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a 6 qt Instant Pot, select saute and adjust to normal/medium. Add the oil to the pot When it’s hot, add the turkey, onion, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to break up the meat, 8 to 10 minutes. Select cancel.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, the tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, and chili powder. Lock the lid in place. Select Manual, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Use a quick release.
- Top servings with the avocado and cilantro.
*I use avocado oil, but either is fine **1 package of lean ground turkey is written in recipe as 19.2 oz. My grocery store mostly carries 1lb of lean ground turkey. Either one is fine!
Image and Recipe created by @Wholesomelicious. To see the original post and find more awesome recipes go here.