Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (I used Quaker)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (store-bought or simply put oats in blender and blend until flour consistency)
- 1/2 cup plumped raisins (to plump: pour boiling water over raisins and let sit for 5 mins, drain water)
- 1/2 cup raw (unsalted pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or any plant-based milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients and mix with dry ingredients. Let sit for 4-5 mins to allow chia and flax seeds to absorb moisture.
- Roll dough into 8-10 balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 14-15 mins. Store in airtight container!
Image and Recipe created by Abigail Taft Nutrition. To view the whole post or find more awesome recipes go here.