Portobello Lentil Kale Salad
- 1 large bunch of kale
- ½ cup black beluga or green lentils
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Shaved parmesan (optional)
- De-stem and roughly chop kale. Place in a salad bowl, set aside.
- Cook lentils per package instructions until they are tender but not mushy. Drain and rinse with cool water, set aside.
- De-stem portobellos, brush both sides with olive oil. Heat a frying or grilling pan over medium heat. Cook portobellos, about 5 minutes on each side. Once cooked, cut into ½ inch strips.
- Make the dressing by mixing olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour half of the dressing on the kale. Massage with your hands for 1 minute, evenly distributing the dressing on leaves.
- Sprinkle lentils and pistachios into kale. Slice avocado and toss into salad.
- Top with sliced portobello, salt and pepper to taste, the remaining dressing, and parmesan (optional).
Image and Recipe are adapted from @NutritionSqueezed. To check out the original version and find more awesome recipes go here.