Week 8 Ingredient: Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Bruschetta
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 5 to matoes diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 handful basil chopped (fresh)
- 1/4 cup capers
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes in 1/2 inch coins and put them on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with melted coconut oil and bake 10 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake another 5 minutes or until they are soft and each side is browned.
- In a small bowl mix diced tomatoes, capers, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Place a spoonful of the tomato mixture on each sweet potato coin so that it resembles bruschetta.
- Top with fresh basil, sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!!