Thai Peanut Sauce Ground Turkey Cabbage Bowls
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey meat
- 1 Tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 10 ounce bag shredded cabbage
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 8 green onions (chopped (about ¾ cup))
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter (drain oil out first and mix well)
- ½ cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 4 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons of hot sauce
- purple cabbage (shredded for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ginger powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), 3 Tablespoons sesame oil, rice vinegar and 2 teaspoons hot sauce (add more hot sauce to desired heat).
- In a large saute pan heat 1 Tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add ground turkey and cook, breaking up the large chunks into tiny pieces using a wooden spatula or spoon. Cook until the meat is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, shredded carrots, cabbage, green onions and cilantro to the cooked turkey meat. Cook for about 5 minutes, mixing consistently until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour the Thai peanut sauce on top of the cooked meat and vegetables and mix to combine. Garnish with fresh cilantro and purple cabbage right before serving.
Serve alone or with a side of rice. Optional to add extra rice vinegar and coconut aminos (or soy sauce) at serving.
Image and Recipe created by Delightful Mom Food. To view the full post and find more recipes go here.