Vegan Lentil Taco Salad Bowls
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1/2 cup black beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- red cabbage
- green onions
- lime juice
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion and sautè for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and green pepper and sauté for another 3-5 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Rinse the lentils in a strainer.
- In a separate pot, combine the lentils with the water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain water and set lentils aside.
- Add lentils and black beans to the onion and pepper pot and combine over low/medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and seasonings.
- In 4 bowls, arrange the “lentil meat” with toppings of your choice and top with fresh lime juice. Enjoy!
Image and recipe created by the Fitchen. To view the full post or find more recipes go here.