Week 12 Ingredient: Kidney Beans
3 Bean Ful Madames (Soup)
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans- or 1¾ cup cooked beans
- 1 15 oz can white northern beans- or 1¾ cup cooked beans
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans- or 1¾ cup cooked beans
- 2½ cups low sodium veggie broth
- 2 lemons- juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic- finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric
- Himalayan salt
- Coconut oil * or your cooking oil of choice
- Cracked black pepper
- ½ cup grape tomatoes-diced*
- ½ cup cucumber- diced*
- Fresh parsley*
- Finely dice garlic and cook on stove in a small amount of coconut oil until golden brown.
- Prepare beans, by either soaking overnight and cooking OR opening cans, draining liquid and rinsing with water.
- Add beans into pan with garlic, reduce heat to medium, and stir.
- Add in cumin, coriander, tumeric and Himalayan salt- stir.
- Slowly add in veggie broth and lemon juice, cook until entire dish is hot (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and spoon beans into bowls, add your desired amount of broth and garnish with diced tomatoes, cucumber and parsley.
- Option to finish off with cracked black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Option to serve with warm flat bread or pita bread.