- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups dried apricots
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- Crumb topping:
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Begin by making your filling. Set aside dried apricots in a medium sized bowl. Boil 3 cups water, and pour over dried apricots. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Now drain the water, and add apricots to your food processor or blender. Add in lemon juice, and maple syrup. Pulse until mostly smooth, a few chunks are fine. You may need to add a bit of water to get the right consistency, but the filling should be thick.
- Now make the crust: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Combine all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Take mixture and carefully distribute over the parchment paper, pressing down firmly and evenly. Place inside the oven and bake for 13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Leave the oven hot.
- While crust is cooling, make the crumb mixture. Combine all ingredients into your food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds, or until mixture is crumbly.
- Once crust is cooled, spread the apricot filling over the crust. Complete by topping with the crumb mixture. Now bake for 15-18 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, slice into squares.