- 4 oz dark chocolate at least 70% cacao coarsely chopped
- 1-2 ripe avocados*. peeled pitted, and mashed
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Remove bowl from heat and mix in the avocado and sea salt. Combine well- the mixture should be quite thick. Cover the bowl and chill until the mixture can be rolled into balls, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on a piece of parchment paper. Use a melon baller or a spoon to form the truffles into 3/4-inch balls. Roll each truffle in cocoa powder, then arrange them in a single layer on a serving plate or dish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*I used 2 medium sized avocados. If your avocados are large, you may want to start with just one, and adjust to a bit more for the right consistency.