Banana Oatmeal Walnut Muffins
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats keep 1 cup whole and grind the other 1.5 cup in a food processor
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ cup walnuts whole or pieces
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or flax seeds optional
- Oats to sprinkle on muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with muffin wrappers or oil.
- Grind 1.5 cups of oats in a food processor until they have a flour like consistency.
- Mash bananas until there are no lumps.
- Add wet ingredients (eggs, maple syrup, milk and vanilla). Stir well.
- Add dry ingredients (including the 1.5 cups ground oats and 1 cup whole oats) to wet ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the walnuts and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into muffin tin, leaving ¼ inch below the top for the muffins to rise.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with whole oats.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm!
Store muffins in an air-tight container in the fridge and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or toaster oven.
Recipe is from @nutritionsqueezed. To check out the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.
Comments are closed.