Cauliflower Fried Rice
- ½ tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup sliced bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced summer squash
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ½ tsp sambal olek paste or a shake of red chili flakes
- 1 large handful fresh greens like spinach, bok choy or kale
- 2 large eggs
- Small handful of cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium cast iron skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring so garlic does not burn.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper and summer squash (or any fresh veggies you are using) to pan. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring until veggies are mostly cooked through.
- Push veggies to the side of the pan with a spatula. Add cauliflower rice to the empty side of the pan plus the lime juice, soy sauce, and sambal olek. Stir into cauliflower rice to combine. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, then mix cauliflower rice into the rest of the veggies in the pan.
- Add greens and stir to combine until wilted.
- Push cauliflower rice to one side of the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the two eggs together.
- Spray the empty side of the pan with cooking spray, then pour in eggs. Scramble with a spatula, then mix scrambled eggs in with the cauliflower rice.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate. Top with cilantro, avocado, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Enjoy immediately!
Recipe is from @Daisybeet. To check out the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.
Comments are closed.