Week 10 Ingredient: Almonds
Chewy Chocolate Cherry Almond Granola Bars
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats Gluten Free kind
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried quinoa seeds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut chips or flakes
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- Begin by greasing an 8×8 inch cake pan, and adding parchment paper that hangs over the sides (like a sling).
- Place oats, chia seeds, quinoa, almonds, coconut chips, and cherries in a large bowl and mix.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together honey and almond butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals until mixture is nice and smooth. Add in vanilla and cinnamon. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together the wet ingredients with the dry. Once mixed, add in chocolate chips.
- Bring the entire mixture to the 8×8 pan. Press mixture down very firmly against all edges of the pan. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Remove parchment paper sling with bar mixture, and cut into bars or small squares.