Chickpea + Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few large handfuls of greens I used Organicgirl Protein Greens
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub sweet potatoes, then poke a few holes into them with a fork. Roast for about 1 hour until very soft.
- In the last 10-15 minutes of sweet potatoes cooking, mash together chickpeas, avocado, lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Mash some of the chickpeas, but keep some whole.
- Let sweet potatoes cool for 10 minutes after roasting. Cut in half lengthwise and mash with a fork to form a small well.
- Top each sweet potato half with a handful of greens and a few heaping spoonfuls of chickpea avocado mash. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a little heat, if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipe makes 8 servings.