Chocolate Blueberry Energy Bites
Servings: 18 balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates anywhere form 12-14 dates*
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup almonds*
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a high powered food processor or blender, and mix.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until a sticky and crumbly mixture develops. You may need to stop a few times and use a spatula to scrape the sides.
- Form into 1 – 1.5 inch balls by compressing mixture together and rolling into small balls or pieces.
- Store in an air tight container.
*You may find it easier to soak your dates in water overnight or a few hours if your blender is not strong enough. **I used roasted and salted almonds for the taste. Raw almonds are also fine, I just love the added salt.
Image and Recipe created by Wholesomelicious. To view the full post and find more recipes go here.