Week 16 Ingredient: Citrus
Cranberry Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 4 tbsp avocado oil divided
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into pieces*
- 1 small head of broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or GF tamari soy sauce
- 2 oranges squeeze to make juice (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar**
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted and chopped cashews
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Once pan is hot, coat with 2 tbsp oil and toss in chicken. Cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. It’s okay if chicken is not completely cooked. Set aside and keep pan hot.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil, now toss in broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add ginger. Saute for another 2-3 minutes, until broccoli is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. Whisk together coconut aminos, orange juice, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and coconut sugar.
- Pour sauce into the pan with broccoli. Now add in cranberries and chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes to let the sauce slightly thicken before serving.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Top with cilantro and cashews.
*You can do up to 1.5 lbs of chicken if you are feeding larger appetites. You will still have enough sauce! **You can omit for a Whole30 option, but it will be more tart with the cranberries.
Image and Recipe are from @Wholesomelicious. To check out the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.
Comments are closed.