Creamy Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 3/4 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk canned
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 cup raw almonds coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 12 inch oven safe skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and lightly caramelized, about 3-4 minutes. Now add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until fragrant, about another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, and roast for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make your creamy sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine coconut milk, lemon juice, and mustard and blend until smooth.
- Remove the brussels sprouts, and stir in the lemon creamy sauce. Stir in the basil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and crushed red pepper if using. Top with almonds and serve warm.