- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 leek stalk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup polenta or grits
- 4 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk/non-dairy milk
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Chop radishes in quarters and slice leeks. Place sliced leeks in large bowl of water and separate rings to clean thoroughly (dirt will fall to bottom). Toss veggies with olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper, and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Bring stock to a boil, pour in polenta and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir polenta periodically while cooking to prevent lumps. Add butter when done.
- Slice asparagus into 1-inch spears and saute with peas in a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper just until slightly soft on the outside.
- Bring small pot of water to a simmer and crack egg into small bowl. Spin a fork around in the water to create a vortex which will keep egg together while cooking. Once vortex is created, gently slide egg into water. Continue swirling water if necessary and cook for 4 minutes.
- Ladle polenta in bowl and top with veggies and egg. Enjoy!