Week 10 Alternative Ingredient: Dark Chocolate
Dark Chocolate Almond Stuffed Dates
- 25 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup roasted salted almonds or 50 almonds
- 8 oz dark chocolate 70-90%
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional Toppings:
- Sea Salt
- Coconut flakes
- Chia Seeds
- Chopped nuts
- Begin by inserting 2 almonds in every date. Secure with a toothpick and set aside on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using the stovetop, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil inside a small saucepan over medium low heat. (alternatively you can use a double boiler or microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is smooth). Remove chocolate from the stove.
- Dip each of the date/almonds into chocolate mixture until completely covered. Let the residual chocolate drip back into the pot. Place on parchment paper to dry.
- Sprinkle with any toppings you like. I used sea salt and coconut flakes.
- Place inside the freezer for 15 minutes (or fridge for 25), and remove toothpicks.
- Store inside an air tight container in the fridge.