Fall Harvest Kale Salad
- Cubed butternut squash
- Brussel sprouts halved
- Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of dry quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bag of chopped kale
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Place the halved brussels sprouts on one half of a baking sheet, and the cubed butternut squash on the other half.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir each side to coat. sprinkle salt and pepper over both the brussels sprouts and the squash.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, paprika, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the squash only. stir gently to evenly coat.
- Roast the brussels sprouts and butternut squash for 30-40 minutes, until cooked and slightly browned.
- Add the 1/2 cup of quinoa to 1 cup of water. bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. fluff and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with chopped kale. add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and massage (scrunch the kale with your hands) until it has become tender and slightly darker.
- In a bowl or a small jar, mix the dressing ingredients. whisk or shake until combined, then set aside.
- Mix in half of the dressing in with the kale, then mix in the quinoa until well combined. mix in or top with the roasted vegetables, pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Top with the remaining dressing, mixing again. enjoy!
Image and Recipe are from @Spinach4Breakfast. To check out the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.