Broccoli Potato Soup
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped optional
- black pepper to taste
- Select the saute function on the Instant Pot. Once hot, coat the bottom of the pot with oil. Cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant. Select cancel.
- Toss in the potatoes and broccoli in the pot. Pour broth on top. Stir in salt and dijon mustard. Secure the lid, and select manual or pressure. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Use a quick release.
- Remove the lid. Using an immersion blender or blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with optional bacon, black pepper, and salt to taste.