Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers red, orange, yellow
- 1½ cups rice cooked
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 1 cup corn canned or frozen (drain if canned and thaw if frozen)
- ½ cup salsa I used one that is chunky with green chili’s
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the cooked rice, beans, (thawed) corn, salsa, cilantro, cumin and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Prepare the bell peppers. Slice off the tops or pull out the green tops of the peppers. Slice in half vertically and remove and discard the seeds. Lay each pepper in the prepared baking dish open side up.
- Stuff each pepper with the rice mixture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the peppers are finished baking top with fresh avocado, lime juice, fresh cilantro, radish slices, jalapenos and extra salsa right before serving.
* Can also add cheese on top of the filling right before cooking. * Nutrition based on 4 red bell peppers and the filling.
Image and Recipe created by Delightful Mom Food. To view the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.