Week 7 Ingredient: Pork
Mustard-Maple Pork Tenderloin
- 2 – 1lb pork tenderloins
- 1 TBS canola oil organic canola = GMO free!
- 4 TBS whole grain Dijon mustard + 1 TBS for sauce
- 1 TBS prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 TBS 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and oil a baking dish large enough to hold the pork.
- Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper and spread 2 TBS mustard around each tenderloin.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the pork on both sides, about 3-5 minutes each.
- Transfer to baking dish and cook in oven for about 15 minutes, or until thermometer reaches 145 degrees. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up the brown bits. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, and allow to thicken.
- When the tenderloin is done, remove from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before slicing into rounds. You don’t want to lose all those wonderful juices!
- Slice and drizzle with sauce.