Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tablespoons ground flax, 6 Tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour Bob’s Red Mill!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional for drizzle topping
- Create flax eggs – mix ground flax seed and water in a bowl and let rest 10 minutes, or until gelatinous.
- In a small pan, melt together coconut oil and peanut butter, stirring until well-combined.
- Pour the coconut oil and peanut butter mixture into a large mixing bowl. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add flax eggs, brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add oats, flour, and baking soda and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet (or two!) with parchment. Shape the dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons in size and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Cover with foil or cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350º and bake cookies for 25-30 minutes.
- While they are cooling, you’ll have time to melt your chocolate. I used a double-boiler to heat chocolate chips over the stove, but you could certainly melt them in the microwave. Once melted, drizzle over top of the cookies and enjoy!
Image and recipe created by The Fitchen. To view the full post and find more recipes go here.