Week 13 Ingredient: Nutritional Yeast
Plantiful Spring Pasta with Truffle Pesto
- 3 cups grain free pasta wheels like Banza
- 1 cup snap peas trimmed and halved
- 1 cup asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 1” sections
- 2 cups fresh basil washed and de-stemmed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp Black truffle salt like SF Salt Co
- Boil a pot of water on high and prepare an ice bath for blanching the vegetables.
- Once the water is boiling, blanch snap peas and asparagus for 1 minute before transferring to ice bath and drying. Set aside.
- Boil a second pot of water for pasta.
- Once boiling, add pasta and cook per packaged instructions. Rinse and set aside.
- Make the truffle pesto by adding the basil, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast and truffle salt to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until creamy and set aside.
- Toss together pasta, snap peas, asparagus and pesto in a bowl until evenly distributed.
- Serve warm with pine nuts and basil for garnish.