Portobello Mushroom Bake
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 minced red bell pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 3-4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375º. Lightly coat a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with olive oil.
- Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and garlic to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop portobellos into large hunks and mince the red pepper.
- Add the portobellos to the dish, then pour the sauce over top. Next, cover the mushrooms with spinach. It may look like too much spinach, but trust me – it cooks down a lot! Crumble goat cheese over top of the spinach, then sprinkle the minced red pepper.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top of the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covering lightly with aluminum foil at the 20-minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and be sure to let it cool! Serve in bowls – this isn’t your average casserole. If desired, serve it over quinoa.