Portobello Mushroom Bake
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 minced red bell pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 3-4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375º. Lightly coat a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with olive oil.
- Add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and garlic to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop portobellos into large hunks and mince the red pepper.
- Add the portobellos to the dish, then pour the sauce over top. Next, cover the mushrooms with spinach. It may look like too much spinach, but trust me – it cooks down a lot! Crumble goat cheese over top of the spinach, then sprinkle the minced red pepper.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top of the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covering lightly with aluminum foil at the 20-minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and be sure to let it cool! Serve in bowls – this isn’t your average casserole. If desired, serve it over quinoa.
Image and Recipe are created by The Fitchen. To view the full post and find more recipes go here.
Comments are closed.