Raspberry Oatmeal Apple Breakfast Bake
- 4½ cups diced apples
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 lemon-juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa – cooked
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 teaspoons oat flour or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and dice apples- (I use a fruit and veggie chopper- see link below)
- Fill large stock pot with water and bring to boil. Blanch diced apples for 45-60 seconds, drain from water and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, ½ cup walnuts, ⅓ cup pure maple syrup, cooked quinoa, oat or almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger and ground cloves. Mix well.
- Fold in raspberries and place into a 2-3 quart casserole dish.
- Place 1 cup rolled into the mixing bowl, add remaining applesauce, maple and walnuts and mix. Option to add a dash or two of cinnamon to topping as well.
- Before covering fruit filling with oats/nuts, squeeze juice from lemon evenly over the top.
- Spoon out evenly over the crumble and press down to evenly cover top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes- or until top layer is golden brown and fruit layer is slightly bubbly.
- Let cool and serve!