SPINACH WITH BUTTER BEANS
- 1 cup raw spinach rinsed
- 1 can lima beans canned
- 1 yellow onion medium chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 ml/0.43 cups water
- 1 tsp za’atars spices or preferred herbs
- 1/2 lemon squeezed for juice
- Heat up olive oil in a saute pan, over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water to pan and leave to simmer until about half of the liquid evaporated.
- Add spinach, and butter beans, and tomatoes and cook on low-medium heat for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and checking if more liquid is needed.
- Season with salt, pepper and optionally za’atar or preferred herbs. Thyme also works great.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice to taste.