Week 5 Ingredient: Eggs
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Power Bowl
- 1 large sweet potato or two small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup black beans cooked (or 15oz can)
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs optional
- 2 oz feta cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash sweet potato and chop into 1″ cubes, leaving the skin on.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and coat evenly with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Spread sweet potato cubes evenly onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30 minutes in the oven, until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Cook quinoa per packaged instructions, adding olive oil and salt to taste.
- Heat black beans in a small saucepan.
- Once sweet potatoes, quinoa and beans are cooked, divide evenly into two bowls.
- Top each bowl with half of a sliced avocado, one poached egg (optional) and feta cheese (optional).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.