Thai Drunken Carrot Noodles
- 1/2 cup soy
- 2 tablespoon coconut or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili paste less if you don’t want it too spicy
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound carrots cut into ribbons
- 1 head of broccoli cut into pieces
- 1 bag spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup crushed cashews
- 6 soft boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Cut carrots into ribbons. I used a vegetable peeler to make big, thick slices. They should resemble a wide rice noodles.
- Make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tablespoons avocado or peanut oil. When it starts to smoke, add in the broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook until brown. Add in spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Take out of wok and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the pan and add the noodles. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked and more pliable. Add in the broccoli and spinach. Pour in desired amount of sauce.
- Divide the dish into 6 plates. Top with sliced green onion and crushed cashews. Add a soft boiled egg to each plate. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and toasted sesame seeds on the soft boiled egg.
Recipe and Image created by Danilicious Dishes. To see the full post and find more recipes go here.