Tuna Stuffed Squash Boats
- 3 yellow squash or zucchini
- 3 cans albacore tuna in water drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise or more if you like it creamier
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin
- Optional garnishes: radish slices fresh or dry cilantro, paprika, pepper and lemon for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice off the ends of the yellow squash (or zucchini) then cut them in half horizontally to total six halves. On the rounded side of each half, slice off a bit so it is flat when placed on a surface. Line in a row the prepared squash with the inside facing up. Sprinkle with salt and let it set for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, using a paper towel dab the tops of the squash to remove the extra water that has surfaced. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the squash is baking make the tuna salad. In a large bowl add the albacore tuna, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, onion powder, paprika and cumin. Mix to combine.
- Divide the tuna salad into six servings. Place equally on top of each baked yellow squash or zucchini. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Serve warm and optional to garnish with radish slices, splash of lemon, cilantro and paprika for color.
Image and Recipe created by Delightful Mom Food. To view the full post and find more awesome recipes go here.
Comments are closed.