Vegan Cashew Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh water
- Soak 2 cups of unsalted cashews in 2 cups of water (or until the nuts are fully covered). Cover in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to soften. When the cashews are ready drain the water then add cashews to a blender with salt, nutritional yeast, white vinegar, lemon juice and 1 cup of fresh water. Blend until smooth.
- Using a cheese cloth and a large bowl, put the cheese cloth over the bowl and pour the cashew mixture on the cheese cloth. Close the sides of the cheese cloth and squeeze out the water. You can make it to your consistency and squeeze a little bit or squeeze a lot of water.
- Pour the ricotta cheese from the cheese cloth into an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*Soak the nuts ahead of time and have this ricotta recipe ready in 10 minutes! * Nutrition is based off about ¼ cup.
Image and Recipe created by Delightful Mom Food. To view the full post and find more recipes go here.