Week 11 Ingredient: Broccoli
Veggie Rigatoni with Avocado Alfredo
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 medium-large avocado
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp seeds
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- dash himalayan salt
- ½ cup cashews
FOR THE PASTA & VEGGIES
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 garlic clove
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil, add pasta, dash salt. Cook for 12-15 minutes to al dente
- While pasta is cooking, chop pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Sauté veggies on medium with a little coconut oil. Do not overcook – about 5-8 minutes. I prefer my veggies on the crunchier side.
- While veggies are cooking, combine all ingredients for the sauce into a blender or Ninja
- Blend for 30-45 seconds
- Drain pasta and let cool slightly.
- Toss all veggies and sauce together.
Option to drizzle with olive oil and lemon –> then top with pine nuts and chili flakes. The chili flakes add a nice kick if you like a little spice!