Servings: 20 dates
- 20 dates
- ¾ cup walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon thyme- fresh or dried*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Himalayan salt-sprinkle to taste
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup + some to drizzle*
- ¼ cup water- use water you soaked the walnuts in
- Soak walnuts overnight, or for 1 hour in very hot water.
- Put walnuts in food processor with hemp seeds, cinnamon, thyme, vanilla, salt and water.
- Pulse until ingredients are broken down/ thoroughly combined. (I prefer my filling to remain slightly chunky- similar to the consistency of a creamy but chunky peanut butter.)
- Slice dates length wise, remove pit and replace with a small spoonful of walnut filling.
- Plate dates, and serve!
* When pitting the dates, do not slice them completely in half. Leave a small piece on the side uncut. This helps date stay in tact, making it easier to stuff, handle and eat. * Once dates are on plate and ready to serve, you can top them off with a drizzle of maple syrup, light sprinkle of Himalayan salt and extra hemp seeds. Or any combination of the above… depending on your desired look and taste! I did all three and it was delicious and pretty.