The Juna Women Podcast is a weekly discussion where Juna Founder, Sarah Kuhn, talks to Moms about their health, work, parenting, and all the different ways they’re keeping it together.
On the episode, Sarah chats with Mallory, better known as The Formula Mom.
After going through struggles with breastfeeding and striking out finding adequate resources to help her with formula feeding, Mallory set out to create a movement to help parents drop the guilt about how they feed so they can stress less and enjoy their baby more.
Whether you plan to breastfeed 100%, supplement with formula, or do 100% formula, you will find this episode super helpful!
A few of the key points from today’s episode:
– the stigma around formula – how it started and how to avoid perpetuating the negative messaging
– how feeding your baby is a personal and familial decision and the most important thing is to be an available caregiver
– how to choose a formula and weed through the marketing
– what ingredients to look for in a formula
– how to identify if a formula is working or not working
– budgeting for formula and how to offset the costs through various programs
– the rules of formula, temperatures, storage, what water to use, etc.
– goat milk vs cow milk formulas
– European formula vs US formula
Mallory was overwhelmed, frustrated, disappointed, and full of guilt and stress about formula feeding. She couldn’t figure out my daughter’s symptoms and digestive issues and I couldn’t find any high-quality information to help.
She set out to do all the research and figure things out for her daughter and herself and change how we support new moms in making their feeding decisions.
She started working for a formula company doing content writing and campaigns and then became a Certified Infant Feeding Technician before creating the online presence “Formula Mom” on Instagram, TikTok, and the Web.
Please subscribe to the Juna Women Podcast wherever you listen to Podcasts.
If you have feedback or know someone who would be a great guest on the show, please reach to Sarah@juna.co.
Lastly, check out the Juna App by clicking below and get your first week FREE.