This is Episode 5 – Let’s Talk About Sex from Season 2 of the Juna Women Podcast. Season 2 is about planning your family.
Today’s episode is the 5th part of our Family Planning Series, and we’re talking all about sex and intimacy, specifically during this period of your life where you’re either trying to conceive, pregnant, or postpartum.
By the end of this episode you should learn new communication skills, feel more confident discussing vulnerable topics like painful sex, orgasms, sex shaming, and be on track for a deeper connection with your partner.
Let’s Talk About Sex.
Tips For Improving Your Sex Life After Having Kids
1) Communicate and Listen! This was a big theme during the episode. So many men and women struggle to adequately share how they’re feeling when it comes to sex. Listening to your partner if they do share and not dismissing their feelings or concerns is important.
2) Spend time with yourself. This includes self care, self touch, and time to recharge. If your basic needs aren’t being met it’s hard to meet your partner’s needs as well.
3 Try new things. When you first started dating you probably spent a lot of time on things besides sex. It’s those things that stoke the fire and actually lead to more sex.
4) Try a Sex & Love Therapist. If you still find yourself struggling after a year or more, you may want to reach out to sex & love coach. Even if just one person feels comfortable enough to do it, it can really make a difference.
5) Give it time. There will be seasons where things are great and seasons where the well runs dry. Like anything else with your health– it takes time and effort to cultivate.
6) Schedule it! Research shows couples with a dedicated “sex day” have more sex than those who don’t.
#sex #sexafterbaby #sexafterkids #relationshipcoach #sexcoach #lovecoach #sextherapist #relationshipcoach #junawomen #podcast
Featured in this episode:
Dr Renee Hilliard, MD
OBGYN | Sex & Love Coach
Dr. Renée Hilliard is a San Francisco bay area native, where she has practiced sexual medicine for the past 20 years. She graduated from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychobiology/neuroscience. She then received her medical degree from University of Michigan Medical School. She is a Vita™ certified Sex, Love and Relationship coach, receiving her degree from the Tantric Institute of Integrated Sexuality.
“I have been a student for 48 years. I am committed to a lifetime of learning, not just to experience the most fulfilling life journey I can, but I am dedicated to helping others create their best lives. That is my true passion and what gives my life purpose.” ~Renée Hilliard, M.D.