The Juna Women Podcast is a weekly discussion where Juna Founder, Sarah Kuhn, talks to Moms and experts to share their specific knowledge
In the episode, Sarah chats with Dr. Stephanie Canale from the Lactation Lab. Stephanie is a Mom of two and founded the lactation lab to help moms understand their nutritional makeup of their breast milk and be able to make informed, science based decisions around their nutrition and how it relates to feeding their babies.
In the episode Sarah and Stephanie cover topics like:
- breast milk testing, what is it and who should do it?
- mastitis test strips
- why many women quit breastfeeding
- why moms need to support moms no matter how they are feeding their babies
- different types of fat in breast milk
- where women are most commonly deficient
- the dangers of supplements and relying on them too much
- the importance of using whole foods to treat health issues
- how antibiotics can alter our gut biomes forever
MEET DR. STEPHANIE CANALE
Stephanie Canale, M.D.
Stephanie earned her undergraduate and medical degrees from McGill University. She completed her residency training in Family Medicine at UCLA, and then was a part of the teaching faculty at the UCLA Family Health Center before joining UCLA Santa Monica in 2010. She is a also a member of the American Board of Family Medicine.
As a mother of two, she has a profound passion for helping families. Dr. Canale is a tireless advocate for moms and babies, on a constant quest to develop tools and support for families of all backgrounds and income levels.
Please subscribe to the Juna Women Podcast wherever you listen to Podcasts.
If you have feedback or know someone who would be a great guest on the show, please reach to Sarah@juna.co.