Week 10 Ingredient: Almonds
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free all purpose flour *
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil *
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Himalayan salt*
- Blend oats on high until they become a fine powder, place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add gluten-free flour and flax meal, mix.
- In separate bowl whisk, vanilla extract, almond butter and melted coconut oil.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little at a time, stirring as you go.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape sides of bowl and work into mixture.
- Once dough is completely mixed, roll 1 inch balls with hand and add about 5 chocolate chips into the ball. There should be enough dough for about 5 bites.
* You can sub all purpose gluten-free flour for any GF flour of your choice or add an additional 2 Tablespoons of oat flour. * I personally LOVE using almond extract- so if you like that flavor try it out. * You can sub the coconut oil with 1 Tablespoon unsweetened applesauce, if you’re trying to cut down on oil consumption. *Option to top bites of with a tiny dash of Himalayan salt.