Buttered Cod Skillet
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fillets
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter (sliced)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¾ tsp ground paprika
- Few lemon slices
- Herbs (parsley or cilantro)
- Stir together ingredients for seasoning in a small bowl.
- Cut cod into smaller pieces, if desired. Season all sides of the cod with the seasoning.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once butter melts, add cod to skillet. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium. Turn cod over, top with remaining butter and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Butter will completely melt and the fish will cook. (Don’t overcook the cod, it will become mushy and completely fall apart.)
- Drizzle cod with fresh lemon juice. Top with fresh herbs, if desired. Serve immediately.