Week 7 Alternative Ingredient: Hemp Seeds
No-Bake Hemp Seed Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of cocoa nibs or mini chocolate chips
- add the almonds to a blender or food processor and pulse until the almonds are broken down, but not a fine flour consistency.
- pour the almonds into a large mixing bowl, and mix in the rest of the ingredients until fully combined.
- line a 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, and then pour the the mixture in.
- spread out until even, and then place a second piece of parchment paper on top and press down firmly.
- place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- remove and cut into bars or squares.